We are pleased to be able to offer an article by guest author, Manish Pandey of SEO MegaCorp, answering the common question of which tools SEO professionals should be using.
Expect to see more articles from him here soon!
There would be many SEO professionals who may already be using these tools. But I thought to cover them as they are a must for every SEO.
- SEO Quake: Seoquake is a powerful tool for Mozilla Firefox and for Internet Explorer, aimed at helping web masters who deal with search engine optimization and internet promotion of web sites. Seoquake allows user to obtain and investigate many important SEO parameters of the internet project under study on the fly.
- SEO for Firefox: SEO for Firefox pulls in many useful marketing data points to make it easy get a holistic view of the competitive landscape of a market directly in the search results.
- Rank Checker: The Firefox Rank Checker extension allows you to easily check your website rankings in Google (US and international), Yahoo, and Microsoft Live search.
- Link Analysis by Joost: Link data in Google Webmaster Tools, Yahoo! Site Explorer and Microsoft’s Webmaster Portal is pretty static, they give you the pages a site has links on, and let you do all the analysis with other tools. That sucks if you want to do a quick analysis of a site, or want to get a quick overview of inbound anchor texts for a site.
- Link Diagnosis: This tool is the best at representing information offering the wide variety of sorting options based on link type (nofollow, missing, good), link anchor text, PageRank, page internal+external links.
- Google Adwords Keyword Tool: This tool not only shows the keywords and it’s count that month, it also shows it’s trend, estimated ad position in per click, average cpc, competition, and the month it’s highest volume occurred.
- C-Class Checker: This free Class C Checker tool allows you to check if some sites are hosted on the same Class C IP Range.
- LinkHounds Yahoo Backlink Information: Sorts results based on the IP address, thus showing only unique IP/domain backlinks.
- Domain Backlinks Checker: The tool offers the information in a very convenient way linking to each page from the certain domain where the backlink was found.
- Hub Finder: Hub Finder is web based software which looks for hub pages using the Yahoo! API. It allows you to find sites which link to common resources that you manually enter, or resources that rank well in Yahoo! for a specific term.