Here’s five things you may not know about me:
1. I have a Maine Coon cat named Annie. My friends think I’m nuts for spending $750 on a cat, until they meet Annie, then they all want to
adopt steal her. Her job mostly involves generating a lot of fur, as good a test as any for domestic vacuum cleaners.
2. I’m married to Maria. She has a near inhuman level of tolerance for idiotic ideas.
3. Like Greg Boser, I played in hair bands in the 80’s. It was neither big, nor clever. My biggest love is music, and I play guitar, bass, and pretend to sing. I failed to get anywhere with the drums.
4. My second biggest love is food, and wine, and beer. I’m a great cook, if I do say so myself. I learned a lot from my grandmother, who was way better than I am. I was the only kid I knew who loved olives. This is a great book for simple, authentic Italian recipes. My favorite wine comes from here. I like Stella, and once spent an evening being driven all over Seattle looking for some. Needless to say, I wasn’t the one paying the cab fare (Microsoft was – yay Microsoft!)
5. I live in New Zealand, but I usually want to live everywhere I visit. I’m well traveled, which means I have developed a considerable loathing for the entire aviation industry. Getting off a plane in a place I’ve never seen before are two of lifes’ great pleasures.