Since Google continue to be vague about what exactly they mean by “page quality” in relation to PPC advertising landing pages, I thought I’d have a stab:
The Unofficial Guidelines To Page Quality
- Stop sending people to pages with yet more PPC advertisments on them.
- Stop sending people to pages with all your affiliate links on them.
- Why can’t everybody just play nice, like…Disney? Or the Portal Of Evil?
- If it makes us look good, and makes us more money, we’re all for it.
- If it makes us look bad, and makes us less money, you’re for it.
- No, Larry doesn’t find your bidding on his name funny.
- Neither does Sergey.
- You may have bidded on the term “knockers” but that picture you’re displaying certainly isn’t related to door fixtures!
- If in doubt, look up Wikipedia.
- We don’t care how high quality your gay porn is, the answer is still no!
And the updated guidelines, a few weeks later…
- Ok wise guys – Stop cloaking! Please.
- And stop cloaking your links as well.