We all want more content. Some of us even want more quality content. But of course, quality content can be expensive, and sometimes web economics just don’t work.
Here’s a good post on the Yahoo! Publishers Network blog about the use of Creative Commons content.
Here’s a list of resources to help find Creative Commons content for use on your web projects:
- iRATE radio
- Yahoo! Creative Commons Search
- Google Advanced Search
- CC:Mixter – A Creative Commons Remix community site.
- Common Content
- Jamendo – An archive of music albums under Creative Commons licenses
- Mozilla Firefox web browser with default Creative Commons search functionality
- The Assayer – A catalog of free/copylefted books
- Flickr Creative Commons search – Photos on Flickr
- Creative Commons Find Page
- Open Clip Art Library
- everystockphoto.com – Search engine and member bookmarking for Creative Commons Photos
- The Internet Archive – Project dedicated to maintaining an archive of multimedia resources, among which Creative Commons-licensed content
- Ourmedia – Media archive supported by the Internet Archive