There’s some good advice in there that can be appled to SEM.
1) It’s not about the battle, it’s about the war – getting number one for term x is a battle. Winning the war is about getting qualified visitors.
2) Deploy mercenaries wisely – SEO agencies can help. They can seldom work miracles. SEM must be integrated into business strategy.
3) Think small, but spectacular – the speed-boat out-maneuvers the battleship. Get out before the storm hits, though.
4) Get the gold and get out – I have nothing to add to this, so I’m going to quote it: “Guerrilla campaigns are executed with laser precision. This means they get clear, quantifiable business objectives. Once these are achieved, you get out”.
5) Don’t forget propaganda – propoganda is about link aquisition. If you do something, shout about it.